martes, 27 de septiembre de 2011

Now, I Know Him

First impressions are very important, that is how you decide if someone is good or bad for your life. One very important thing is to know how to behave when meeting someone new. Throughout my life I have gone through many first impressions, some bad and some others good. I am a very critical person before and after meeting someone, I know it is bad and I know I have to change, but that is how I am. I find it hard to relate with new people because I am scared to not be liked by them. I keep distance before meeting someone. Sometimes I feel that first impressions count a lot, but it does not determine how the person really is. Because one person can expect, say, be or act like someone who is not. As I mentioned before, I have had many first impressions, but only one marked my life completely.

First impressions are always first impressions for the two persons. It is impossible to meet someone who already knows you. But in my case was totally different. Since I was little I was taught about who was God. My mom taught me that He had created us and had sent His Son to die for the salvation of all. To me that was a fictional story. Honestly I did not know who God was. I had not had the opportunity to meet Him and the truth is that I was not interested in it. Suddenly I was realizing that I had emptiness in me, something indescribable. I felt like nothing was enough for my life. Nothing completes me. Nothing made me feel completely satisfied. I began to doubt, I doubted if indeed I had a purpose in this life. I felt that I was created just to do nothing. My life had no value. That was when he was 10 years old. I know, I was too little, but I felt that way.

All my life since I have memory I went to church every Sunday. Being in my church I met Marcela Perez. It was a girl the same age as me, with the same concept of life, but something about her was not the same as me. Talking with her I realized she had something different. Like a flash of light in her eyes or something that I just could not see, but it could be feel. She constantly talks me about God and what He had done in her life. I did not understand why she speaks about Him, I did not know Him, and I was not interested in knowing Him. Marcela invited me to his home on Saturday, so I went. I remember that day like it was yesterday.

The whole day was a normal day. There was nothing different and I don’t expect something different. I arrive at my friend's house around 4 pm. For my surprise, I was not the only one in there. I felt weird, everyone was looking at me and then kindly they welcomed me. I did not know what all was about, but something in me told me it was fine. At the end of the meeting Marcela put relaxing music and asked me to close my eyes and talk to God. I honestly did not want to do it. How can I was suppose to talk to someone who I did not know. Marcela approached me and said, ''I want to present you someone, His name is God'' and she immediately began to pray for me. I felt something strange in all my being, like an electric current running through my body. I knew God was there. I could not see Him, but I could feel Him.

For me that was the best first impression of my life. Something I will never forget and always kept in my heart. God knows us all before we know Him, He always has a perfect plan for us to know Him in the correct time. He knows everything about us. From that day my life changed completely. Now I dedicate my life to introduce my friends to God. I know that many know about Him, but they have not had the opportunity to meet Him.

1 comentario:

  1. i post it late because the days before i did not have internet, sorry. Please do not take off some points... i need them. i swear that i did it on time.

    ResponderEliminar